In a fever, body temperature is definitely raised persistently on top of the normal level of Ninety-eight.6°F. Fever is a symptom, not just a disease. Fever is the system’s reaction to infection as well as other illnesses. It is likely to result of bacterial or virus-like illness such as flu, or perhaps a throat, chest, or even bladder infection. It can be due to other illnesses, heatstroke, sunburn, or side effects to drugs. In case a fever persists, a person may come to be dehydrated. You usually can easily treat the fever at your home if you are in good health and don’t have any medical problems as well as significant symptoms using the fever.
- Take 2 teaspoon of cilantro juice 3 times a day to help lower the fever. Put a handful of cilantro leaves in a blender with about 1/3 cup water, and blend thoroughly. Strain out the pulp and take the juice.
- Mix cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and fennel seeds in equal proportions. Add one teaspoon of this mixture in a cup of boiling water; steep for 10 minutes, strain, and drink.
- Crush 10 grams of raisins and ginger. Boil them in 200 ml of water till it reduces to 50 ml. Strain and drink this solution warm.
- Boil powder of 2 to 3 tsp dry roasted fenugreek seeds. Strain the water and add a drop of ghee to it and drink.
- For chronic fever, drink basil (tulsi) tea. Take 1 teaspoon holy basil steeped in 1 cup hot water. Add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon honey. Take this 3 times a day before meal.
- Take rest. You don’t have to stay in bed, but don’t overexert yourself.
- Sponge with warm water.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water or diluted fruit juice to help prevent dehydration.
- Keep cool, but avoid getting cold. Wear light and loose clothes.
- Prefer liquid food over solid food.
- Avoid heavy exercises.
- Don’t go to work.
- Avoid heavy foods like fast food, chicken, fish, raw foods and fried foods.
- Temperature is above 102˚F.
- Fever accompanied by a severe headache and a stiff neck.
- Have difficulty in breathing.
- Are drowsy or confused.
- Temperature keeps rising despite attempts to bring it down.
- Fever has not subsided within 2 days or developed other symptoms.